QuickBooks and Field Service Management: Service Technician Software Overview
Field Service Management Mobile Hardware
Mobile Devices: Most clients use an Android phone or iPhone owned by the technician. We’ve also had clients use a personal tablet that was installed inside of the technician’s truck. As long as your service engineer has data connection, Field Service Management is supported.
In order to print jobs or invoices in the field, a Bluetooth mobile printer must be paired with the device. This is the supported printer: Citizen CMP-10 BT
DL & Associates On-Boarding Package
- Data Conversion. A certified FSM engineer will convert and migrate your data from your current FSM system into Intuit Field service management, including customers, vendors, equipment/inventory, service agreements and more.
- File set up. We set up your business work settings and work flow. Work orders, work zone, company settings, mobile settings, financial back-office, customers, time cards, maintenance agreements, and WO network.
- Connection to QuickBooks. All QuickBooks versions integrate with FSM, so a DLA programmer will set up data mapping for your QuickBooks file for a full integration.
- File Review. Detailed review points are reviewed with the customer to ensure that all features and processes of the FSM has been set up and used properly.
- Workflow Consulting. A QuickBooks and FSM Senior Consultant will train and identify any work flow that can progress the business’ use of Field Service Management.
Why DL & Associates? Find out More
DL & Associates has worked with thousands of service industry businesses that range from a small 2 technician company to a 100+ technician company. We can help you understand the importance of automation between the work done both on the field and the back-office with a service technician software, which is QuickBooks Financials. Industries:
- Pool Repair
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Medical Equipment
- Energy & Utilities
- IT Professional
- Oil and Gas
- General Trades